Author Content
jdixon

Oct 30, 2016
3:00 AM EDT
Sometimes the old stories say it best.
nmset

Oct 30, 2016
5:24 AM EDT
It's the first E of EEE. They must start somewhere and somehow before completing the last E. Who has issued false papers to replace their green card ?
seatex

Oct 30, 2016
3:14 PM EDT
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
dotmatrix

Oct 30, 2016
3:31 PM EDT
Kernel source located at something like:

kernel.micro.soft.ware.org

...along with system for submitting patches.

And then maybe I'll begin to think of Microsoft as an Open Source Citizen.
penguinist

Oct 30, 2016
5:07 PM EDT
Quoting:Kernel source located at something like:

You are, of course, referring to the Windows Kernel. Oddly enough, Microsoft would probably benefit from opening their kernel. Just think of the benefits Linux has enjoyed from the thousands of testers and developers who have been digging deep to find and refine the subtlest issues.

I personally would probably not contribute to an open Windows kernel project since I already have an OS that serves me well, but I think many developers might.
dotmatrix

Oct 30, 2016
5:13 PM EDT
@penguinist:

Of course!

Also, Office source code transferred to the Document Foundation would be good as well. But, it would also be acceptable to simply provide them with full access to the Office programming group for developing Open Source interoperability between the two office suites.
gus3

Nov 01, 2016
12:32 PM EDT
@penguinist, there's already such a project: ReactOS, found at https://www.reactos.org/ .

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!