no installer

Story: DoudouLinux: A Starter Distro Where Baby Linux Gurus are Born Total Replies: 5
Author Content
nikkels

Apr 12, 2012
6:13 AM EDT
You can install DoudouLinux to a hard drive if you really want to. **It has no partitioner and will take over a whole hard drive,**

So, instead of installing Doudou for my 5 year old on a spare partition ( sda8 ), they want me to wipe out all other partitions so that Doudou can use/have my 1 terrabyte hard disk for an installation worth 2 or 3 Gb.

g.a.g....

Bob_Robertson

Apr 12, 2012
10:38 AM EDT
This sounds like a job for VirtualBox!
caitlyn

Apr 13, 2012
5:49 PM EDT
@nikkels: Also, imagine telling your young child you're putting doo doo on their computer. Clearly the makers of this distro either don't know or don't care how their name might play with children in North America.
skelband

Apr 13, 2012
8:12 PM EDT
@caitlyn: "Clearly the makers of this distro either don't know or don't care..."

Care to explain exactly why they should?

Personally, I find it quite amusing given the obsession with poop that young kids often have.

@nikkels: I see what you did there: "doudou" and "wipe" in the same sentence, Eww :D
DrGeoffrey

Apr 13, 2012
8:51 PM EDT
Quoting:@nikkels: I see what you did there: "doudou" and "wipe" in the same sentence, Eww :D

Well ya know folks, with Windows likely already on the hard drive, perhaps the metaphor isn't all that inaccurate.
ComputerBob

Apr 14, 2012
8:17 AM EDT
One kid's Linux is another kid's doudou.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!