Nice to see

Story: Bodhi Linux, the Beautiful Configurable Lightweight Linux Total Replies: 10
Author Content
Bob_Robertson

Mar 22, 2012
9:58 AM EDT
I enjoyed the early views of Bodhi, but I didn't follow up. I'm very glad to see it's being expanded and fleshed out.

It was pretty in the alpha releases, I should really try it again now. Thanks, TC.

ComputerBob

Mar 22, 2012
10:18 AM EDT
Good job, Carla -- your article's useful information will undboubtedly increase the Bodhi user base.
Jeff91

Mar 22, 2012
11:55 AM EDT
+1 :D

~Jeff
montezuma

Mar 22, 2012
5:49 PM EDT
Good crowd on this website. ;-)
gus3

Mar 22, 2012
6:17 PM EDT
We have good taste.
DrGeoffrey

Mar 22, 2012
6:29 PM EDT
Well, some of us.

But they let me post anyway. ;-)
tuxchick

Mar 22, 2012
10:14 PM EDT
I had a lot of fun with Bodhi. I installed it on my old AMD Sempron-- yes kids, once upon a time CPUs had only one core-- and it was like it was rocket-fueled. I got speed and eye candy. I don't think of much of the "just throw hardware at it" mentality, and I get all whiny when my quad-core gets bogged down by cruddy software. I mean seriously now.
tuxchick

Mar 22, 2012
10:16 PM EDT
Something I forgot to mention in the review is it runs fast from a USB stick, which is also becoming a rare event. Fedora and Ubuntu both run like crap from a USB stick, all kinds of lag almost like a live CD, which is ridiculous.
Jeff91

Mar 22, 2012
10:44 PM EDT
Our latest release also as a "boot to RAM" option (so long as you have at least a half gig of RAM), selecting this option gives you a *really* fast live environment.

~Jeff
gus3

Mar 22, 2012
10:56 PM EDT
Next up: steel-toed boot to RAM, for super security.
Bob_Robertson

Mar 23, 2012
8:33 AM EDT
Gus, that sound more like "Peace, through superior kicking power".

Boot to RAM? Ewe!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!