EXCLUSIVE-Microsoft considers bidding for Yahoo-sources

Story: Yahoo! joins the Linux FoundationTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
henke54

Oct 05, 2011
5:38 PM EDT
http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/10/05/idUSN1E7941K720111...
phsolide

Oct 05, 2011
6:58 PM EDT
If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em.
techiem2

Oct 05, 2011
8:30 PM EDT
At least then Bing might be decent search engine..oh wait..who am I kidding. When has MS ever bought and integrated something into their products and not screwed it up in the process?

That aside...it would be interesting to see just what happens if MS does get them...
jsusanka

Oct 06, 2011
12:07 PM EDT
"Any auction process for Yahoo is still in the early stages, and the company's financial advisers -- Goldman Sachs and Allen & Co -- are preparing to send financial information to potential bidders, sources have said previously."

That can't be good. Last time Goldman Sachs was involved was when Novell and Microsoft "partnered" cough cough. Goldman Sachs doesn't get open source because they can't see it on a ledger and I think they are corrupt IMO. If this happens it won't end up good for open source.

Don't see how yahoo can stay in the Linux Foundation with all the patent threats and business practices of Microsoft.
jdixon

Oct 06, 2011
3:50 PM EDT
> ....and I think they are corrupt IMO.

That would depend on your definition of corrupt. In bed with the government? Undoubtedly. Whether that translates to corruption or not I'm not in a position to say.
jsusanka

Oct 07, 2011
8:56 PM EDT
"That would depend on your definition of corrupt. In bed with the government? Undoubtedly. Whether that translates to corruption or not I'm not in a position to say."

Just my opinion take it or leave it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!