The modern world

Story: This Was a First...Total Replies: 4
Author Content
skelband

Jun 20, 2011
4:32 PM EDT
"For a while, there was a real threat of the hospital releasing her due to not having insurance ..."

In a supposedly civilised society, how could this situation even exist in the 21st century?

(shakes head in disbelief)

Nice article BTW
gus3

Jun 20, 2011
5:39 PM EDT
Because only the weather costs nothing.
tracyanne

Jun 20, 2011
5:48 PM EDT
Quoting:In a supposedly civilised society, how could this situation even exist in the 21st century?

Because the "civilised" country is the US of A and it's citizens have been sold a bill of goods that informs them that the Government spends too much money on Social Welfare, and needs to cut back even more.

Makes me glad I live in a civilised country.... Australia. We could never afford to get the kind of treatment my partner gets, if we lived in the US.
gus3

Jun 20, 2011
6:22 PM EDT
[Let the reader insert here any suspected TOS violation. It probably applies.]

This is a LINUX and FREE SOFTWARE forum. We've already been down this road about "affordable health care". Give it a rest. Take it elsewhere. It has nothing to do with Linux!

Once in a while, the TOS boundaries get pushed...

but for crying out loud, when someone is going through tremendous personal difficulty, all you will offer is a demo-centric lecture? How on God's... er, oops... how on this green earth does it twist your arm, or pick your pocket, when someone else offers sympathy in terms you disagree with?

Do you really think Ken's life is diminished, because people offer their sympathies from world-views different from his own? No? Then why are you getting your own tail-feathers ruffled?

Yes, my tail-feathers are ruffled, not because you disagree with Ken or me or anyone else, but because you appear bereft of any kindness at all towards Ken or Diane. Not only that, but also that you felt the pressing need to tear down the sympathies others were offering.

"Better to keep silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt," so said Mark Twain. Only I don't think "fool" in this case applies.

If you are offended by my words, then prove me wrong.
skelband

Jun 20, 2011
7:07 PM EDT
@gus3

Wow, I'm a bit confused as to your point. Are you agreeing with me or not? I can't really tell.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!