oxymoron lolzzz ...

Story: David and Goliath II: i4i Wins (Again) over MicrosoftTotal Replies: 2
Author Content
henke54

Jun 09, 2011
7:38 PM EDT
Microsoft spokesperson wrote:“While the outcome is not what we had hoped for, we will continue to advocate for changes to the law that will prevent abuse of the patent system and protect inventors who hold patents representing true innovation.”
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/06/09/microsoft_loses_supr...
BernardSwiss

Jun 09, 2011
8:13 PM EDT
Translation:

We'd rather treat this as a cost of doing business -- and continue our work tinkering with the system, so we can continue to game it even more efficiently, ourselves -- than actually get the basic problem fixed.
JaseP

Jun 10, 2011
9:56 AM EDT
Quoting: We'd rather treat this as a cost of doing business -- and continue our work tinkering with the system, so we can continue to game it even more efficiently, ourselves -- than actually get the basic problem fixed.

I'm all for them tinkering with the system, if it gets rid of, or severely curtails software patents... This case is the one place that I strangely found myself agreeing with M$. Let 'em game software patents right out of existence. Then they can just steal ideas to their heart's contentment.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!