I wish

Story: The Commodore 64 Lives AgainTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
djohnston

Apr 22, 2011
1:15 PM EDT
that this was a real offering from Commodore. Unfortunately, it appears to be, once again, just smoke and mirrors. On their home page at http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_Home.aspx is the prominent message "Available Now for Pre-order". $695 for commodity hardware in a retro-looking keyboard case is pretty expensive.

The last "innovative" Commodores didn't come from Commodore at all. The "computer in a joystick" Jeri Ellsworth built that emulated a C=64 and ran 30 video games was innovative. She also designed the chip which was used in the C-One, which was a recreation of several Commodores on an FPGA board.

JaseP

Apr 22, 2011
2:09 PM EDT
The retro system is $595. But I suspect that it's a marketing thing. The original C=64 went for that when first released.
theduke459

Apr 22, 2011
3:07 PM EDT
Yep, those guys who dropped their money on the VIC-20 were **SUCKERS** - glad I saved my for an unbelievable 64K C=64!!! Now *that* was computing!
moopst

Apr 23, 2011
2:35 AM EDT
I was all set to get an Atari 800 with 16kB when the C=64 came out around Christmas time. So Atari loaded it up with 2 more 16k memory modules to bring it to 48k and for the same price! Score!
JaseP

Apr 26, 2011
8:30 AM EDT
Oh, yeah,... Those were the days... I actually started to learn 6510 assembly programing... STARTED, that is... never got anywhere...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!