Well, well, well

Story: Apple challenges $625.5M patent-infringement awardTotal Replies: 10
Author Content
cabreh

Oct 07, 2010
2:05 AM EDT
I am totally opposed to software patents. But, in this case, all I can say is:

Let those who live by the lawsuit, die by the lawsuit!

Two words spring immediately to mind.

First word: poetic Second word: justice

r_a_trip

Oct 07, 2010
2:26 AM EDT
Wouldn't that be "poetic injustice"?
cabreh

Oct 07, 2010
2:29 AM EDT
Actually seeing Apple lose it's challenge would seem like true justice to me. Now if they didn't run around suing everyone else I would be supporting them. Since they are as good at being a patent troll as any true patent troll company I give them no sympathy whatever.

jezuch

Oct 07, 2010
2:48 AM EDT
On the other hand, a "small technology company" receiving $600+M from three, from what I can see, trivial software patents... ugh.
feistyfeline

Oct 07, 2010
3:17 AM EDT
if you cant beat them bankrupt them through software and trivial patent lawsuits.
golem

Oct 07, 2010
8:15 AM EDT
I keep wondering how much of an outrage it will take to get software patents outlawed. Maybe this is it.
tracyanne

Oct 07, 2010
8:21 AM EDT
@golem, I doubt it. It will get a lot worse.
jacog

Oct 07, 2010
8:27 AM EDT
If you outlaw software patents, then only outlaws will have software patents! Oh, no wait... that's a different debate. Moving along...
tracyanne

Oct 07, 2010
8:29 AM EDT
Quoting:If you outlaw software patents, then only outlaws will have software patents!

It will still be safer fro the rest of us, as typically they only use them on each other.
caitlyn

Oct 07, 2010
8:37 AM EDT
I agree with tracyanne. The patent nonsense will only get worse. If a court upholds the patents Microsoft is using in their suit against Motorola I shudder to think how bad things could get.
Bob_Robertson

Oct 07, 2010
8:48 AM EDT
My position on patents of any kind is no secret, I'm not surprised about how awful this whole spaghetti mess of statutes and court decisions is getting.

I agree with Tracyanne, they won't be shot down, yet, and it will get much worse.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!