Untitled

Story: Want to know what the Canonical Design Team is doing?Total Replies: 7
Author Content
tracyanne

Aug 22, 2010
8:04 PM EDT
Quoting:I assumed this was a fairly new thing (and I think I'm right in this assumption), but it has posts going back to 2005. Where did those posts come from? I didn't know there was a design team in 2005 ...

The posts back in 2005 don't seem to have anything to do with Ubuntu, anything prior to 2009 seems to be some sort of personal thing belonging to Kenneth Wimer.
azerthoth

Aug 22, 2010
11:17 PM EDT
Quoting:Want to know what the Canonical Design Team is doing?

No, not really.
r_a_trip

Aug 23, 2010
6:00 AM EDT
Well, I'm kinda curious what they will do to Gnome, but not because it makes me enthusiastic. I'm moving out of the way of Mark S. plans for his UI. For now Linux Mint fits the bill.

Does anybody know of a good up to date, Debian based, Gnome Distro? I can't shake the feeling that Ubuntu and their UI plans will at one point force me to switch from Ubuntu based Distro's.
machiner

Aug 23, 2010
7:26 AM EDT
Yeah. Debian.
Steven_Rosenber

Aug 23, 2010
2:01 PM EDT
I've said it six dozen times. If you've used Ubuntu for any length of time, you've run into problems and needed to figure out solutions. That's preparation enough for installing, running and doing the same kind of fixing in Debian.
herzeleid

Aug 23, 2010
3:38 PM EDT
Quoting:I've said it six dozen times. If you've used Ubuntu for any length of time, you've run into problems and needed to figure out solutions.
Nah, for most people, ubuntu just works. The weird corner cases come up with really old or obscure hardware or unusual hardware combinations.
Steven_Rosenber

Aug 23, 2010
3:55 PM EDT
I guess I'm Weird Corner Case No. 1 ...
jdixon

Aug 23, 2010
4:12 PM EDT
> The weird corner cases come up with really old or obscure hardware or unusual hardware combinations.

I think you just described Steven's hardware. :)

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!