Response to gg234's article

Story: Pinguy OS:A Ubuntu-ForkTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
ilbts58

Jul 13, 2010
11:21 PM EDT
I salute you for your coming up with another Ubuntu fork distro. I feel that there should be more 32 bit versions of Linux distros and software because many people in an effort to go green or do not have the funds available to upgrade to 64 bit systems should not be limited. Many people, such as my Mother, who is on a fixed limited income from Social Security does not have the means to keep up with technology. As far as myself is concerned, even though I have a 64 bit system I still run 32 bit distros because I prefer to go green.

So let us not dismiss 32 bit systems completely. To do so is to limit the migration of coming over from those two other operating systems to Linux.
chalbersma

Jul 14, 2010
2:24 AM EDT
I hate to say it but 64 bits is the future. Like catalytic converters or seat-belts it may not be in every computer now but it's getting there. Plus a 64 bit system can be bought for under $50 dollars now on ebay. I'm sure that this price will go down in the future. There will always be 32 bit machines but like 16 bit machines there will be a time that they will become to antiquated to use effectively.
gus3

Jul 14, 2010
3:34 AM EDT
I wonder if ilbts58's comment is a spam.

gg234 posted the original article. Both names match the "[a-z]*[0-9]*" regex, and both of their comments display similar command of English.

I've already reported both of them to Scott_Reucker.
ilbts58

Jul 14, 2010
5:44 PM EDT
In response to gus3's comment of my post being a SPAM-How dare you accuse me of something malicious that I have not done! I am an honorably discharged permanently and totally disabled veteran and retiree of the US Army (20+years.) I am of the highest and utmost integrity and honesty. I do not appreciate unfounded slanderous comments. I suugest yoiu apologize immediately to me.
gus3

Jul 14, 2010
9:15 PM EDT
To ilbts58:

Because you addressed me in both public and private, you gave me the choice where to respond. I am responding in public to all your comments, including this which you sent me in private:

Quoting:Let me start by saying that as an honorably discharged permanently and totally disabled veteran, my character is one of the highest honesty and integrity. Let me remind you posting slander against any one online in any forum is a crime. I have written to the customer support team about this matter as well as posted a comment in my defense. This is to let all the people who access this site and the management of this site that I am for real. I do not need to do malicious things or post derogatory comments against some one who post in any forum on this site.

Now that I have set the record straight I demand an immediate apology, in a public forum, to prove my point. Also, if I ever get another derogatory or inflammatory post I will be compelled to take further action. THANK YOU for your time and consideration.
You are in a position to demand nothing. And note, I have demanded nothing.

I had/have suspicions. I reported them to the Editor-in-Chief. That is all. Any further action is his call (plus the site owners'), not mine, and not yours. I am willing to abide by their final judgment.

Asking questions, reporting suspicions to private parties, do not qualify as defamation in the United States, and are not crimes.

Furthermore, if you really are an honorably discharged veteran, I suggest you re-read the Constitution you swore to defend. It says a lot about the fundamental rights of citizens, even those citizens you don't like and the right to speak up which you appear to have forgotten.

Conversely, if you are simply a bald-faced liar trying to stir up trouble, you can go take a long walk off a short plank for all I care.
ilbts58

Jul 14, 2010
11:31 PM EDT
Oh but that is where you are wrong. You had better have your facts straight before you post something that is not true. Yes it is true that there is a freedom of speech as I defended that and many constitutional rights. But bear in mind, even in spite of constitutional rights you have absolutely no right to slander me in public without having all the facts. I see you as a trouble maker who has nothing better than to screw with any one just because you have an unfounded suspicion. Had you done the right thing-which I feel you have no interest in doing-you would have looked me up before posting such hogwash. You can take a long walk off a short pier. Right back at ya'. Now post something else about me that is not true and see what happens. Believe me I can be very creative. THANK YOU for your time and consideration.
gus3

Jul 15, 2010
12:15 AM EDT
It would do no good to "look you up" since LXer verifies only a valid email, not identity, before granting a user ID.
Scott_Ruecker

Jul 15, 2010
12:48 AM EDT
ilbs58; I find your over-reaction to gus3's words distasteful. I am locking this thread.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!