So, let's see...

Story: Yahoo struggles to gain search respect (the saga continues)Total Replies: 6
Author Content
cabreh

Feb 15, 2010
4:31 AM EDT
Carl Icahn buys a bunch of Yahoo stocks and pushes Yahoo via these stocks to a deal with Microsoft. Now that a deal is struck he dumps the stock. I guess he knows what the Microsoft touch will turn Yahoo into. And no collusion here. Right?

If I owned any Yahoo stock I'd be bailing right now. Actually I would have bailed when Icahn got on the board. If was so obvious.

bigg

Feb 15, 2010
8:05 AM EDT
Maybe Carl Icahn used Yahoo search recently. Google is flat out better.
victimsoflefty

Feb 15, 2010
12:30 PM EDT
The yahoo search engine is MS Bing now, there is no yahoo search engine.
Scott_Ruecker

Feb 15, 2010
3:37 PM EDT
That's what I thought too. There are really only two big searches, Google and Bing now.
jhansonxi

Feb 15, 2010
3:48 PM EDT
According to the main article Bing is only used for the back-end ranking and indexing.
techiem2

Feb 15, 2010
3:55 PM EDT
Quoting:According to the main article Bing is only used for the back-end ranking and indexing.

Isn't that most of what comprises a search engine, other than the form?
bigg

Feb 15, 2010
4:30 PM EDT
If you go to Yahoo and search for something, it doesn't say anything about Bing, only Yahoo. Call it whatever you want, if you own Yahoo stock, you care about what comes up when someone searches on Yahoo.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!