I ordered Bordeaux 2.0.0

Story: Bordeaux 2.0.0 for Linux ReleasedTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
Steven_Rosenber

Jan 30, 2010
1:40 AM EDT
I couldn't help myself. I forked over the $20 for Bordeaux 2.0.0.

I've never had much success with WINE in the past. And I really don't have all that much use for Windows apps, either in the Windows environment or in WINE.

But Bordeaux promises that I can run IrfanView, which when it comes to photo viewing/Web editing is my No. 1 application.

gThumb and digiKam are pretty good, but Irfanview is better.

The key is that the guy is only charging $20, and for that price I can both download the files and will receive a DVD in the mail.

If this works for me, I won't mind parting with the $20. I'd have given money to Codeweavers, but they don't make the explicit IrfanView promise that Bordeaux makes ... and if I can run IrfanView under Linux, it'll be worth it.
bigg

Jan 30, 2010
6:33 AM EDT
You can get a 30-day free trial with CrossOver, so in that sense you don't need the promise or to fork over any money now. Disclaimer: I don't need any Windows apps, so I don't run either.
twickline

Jan 30, 2010
9:19 AM EDT
Irfanview doesn't run correctly in vanilla Wine. :)

If you install Irfanview with Bordeaux just make sure to let it finish the install and let the installer exit. Then start it from the desktop shortcut or Applications menu and it should run without any problems.

Tom
Steven_Rosenber

Jan 31, 2010
11:52 PM EDT
Thanks for the tip. I'm a bit Irfanview fan ... and running it under WINE would be a great thing for my workflow.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!