He has it backwards...

Story: The Future of Linux is GoogleTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
techiem2

Nov 18, 2009
8:50 PM EDT
I'd say "The Future of Google is Linux".

Linux has been doing fine so far without Google (even if there hasn't been major fast uptake in the home markets). Can the same be said for Google without Linux?
theboomboomcars

Nov 18, 2009
11:17 PM EDT
I thought the same thing when I saw the headline.
gus3

Nov 18, 2009
11:58 PM EDT
Google could have gone with *BSD.

Just sayin'.
caitlyn

Nov 19, 2009
12:36 AM EDT
Still, this is like saying oranges are the future of fruit. Oranges are just one example of fruit, albeit a tasty one. Google is one Linux company out of many.

Bananas, anyone?
tuxchick

Nov 19, 2009
12:45 AM EDT
Buffalo berries. They make great jams and syrups, and it's really fun to say "oh, buffalo berries!"
gus3

Nov 19, 2009
1:45 AM EDT
tc, is that anything like "road apples"?
hkwint

Nov 19, 2009
5:15 AM EDT
But "oranges" can't die or go bankrupt. Google can.
jacog

Nov 19, 2009
9:14 AM EDT
Sure oranges can die or go bankrupt.

2013 - A new strain of flu hits, called Orange Flu. Early reports link the fatal illness with oranges, hence the name. Mass hysteria causes people to stop eating oranges entirely.

2015 - Commercial orange farming has almost entirely ceased, and most people have culled their private orange trees.

2016 - Research reveals that Orange Flu was in fact completely unrelated to most oranges, just a few rare varieties that are now mostly extinct with other varieties.

2016 - Some farmers attempt to revive the orange market, but lingering fear and paranoia in the maket causes these efforts to fail.

2017 - Oranges declared extinct.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!