Now all I need is an application for working with my TomTom

Story: How to connect iPhone/iPod Touch (Using USB) in Karmic/Jaunty/Intrepid/HardyTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
tracyanne

Sep 28, 2009
8:42 PM EDT
and in spite of TomTom sell TomTom devices with Linux computers
tracyanne

Sep 28, 2009
11:29 PM EDT
It does have some bugs though. I get the Camera mounted 6 times, and the phone filesystem mounted twice (as iPhone and as iphone___)

I can't unmount them unless I'm root, and most importantly, noting I add to the phone filesystem shows up on the phone, I'll still have to jailbreak it to make the bloody phone usable.
Alterax

Sep 29, 2009
4:31 PM EDT
I know it doesn't help much in your case, but I wonder if these libraries will make it easier to jailbreak the iPhone from within Linux? Every few months I put together a temporary Windows machine to do the dirty deed, that'd save me a few steps.
tracyanne

Sep 29, 2009
4:52 PM EDT
No they don't, they make it harder. At least in this case. I downloaded Redsn0w08 for Linux, and couldn't get it to jailbreak my phone until I uninstalled iFuse.

With a bit of work they sould be very good, though.
herzeleid

Sep 29, 2009
4:52 PM EDT
Quoting: Every few months I put together a temporary Windows machine to do the dirty deed
Hopefully you're not sacrificing actual hardware for that. I'd build a virtual peecee for the task - virtualbox comes in quite handy in such cases.
tracyanne

Sep 29, 2009
4:57 PM EDT
I couldn't get it to work on a VM
herzeleid

Sep 29, 2009
6:24 PM EDT
Quoting: I couldn't get it to work on a VM
hmm - it must be wanting to poke registers and/or I/O ports or something...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!