We came close.

Story: Stairway To HospitalTotal Replies: 9
Author Content
penguinista99

Aug 22, 2009
2:29 PM EDT
This is much more serious than Ken is letting on. I know eventually he will read this and get madder than h*ll at me but truth be known, Ken had to be resuscitated. Had it not been for some knowedgeable souls on site, this would be an obituary and not a simple comment.

Just goes to show you that even passion should be used in moderation. Here's to a speedy recovery and the sense to listen to those warning signs.
gus3

Aug 22, 2009
2:50 PM EDT
If helios chews you out, well, take heart that you been chewed out by the best.
azerthoth

Aug 22, 2009
2:50 PM EDT
my prayers to ken, and thanks for letting us know.

I suggest we take up a collection, not for ken, but to pay a very large someone to sit on that bundle of energy and make him recuperate properly.

sorry, my reaction to shocking/scary news is attempts at humor, its a coping mechanism.

again, best wishes and prayers.
caitlyn

Aug 22, 2009
3:08 PM EDT
Best wishes to Ken. Here is hoping for some time for proper recuperation and a complete recovery.
hkwint

Aug 22, 2009
6:06 PM EDT
Best wishes to Ken, be sure to take some rest if the body asks for it.
softwarejanitor

Aug 22, 2009
11:37 PM EDT
@penguinista99 Thanks for posting this. I tried to submit helio's previous blog entry about his collapse, but it never got posted. I'm sorry to hear it was more serious than previously revealed, but happy to hear that he is apparently doing well. Hope he has a speedy recovery.
dinotrac

Aug 23, 2009
5:19 PM EDT
Ken's a tough old cuss, but even the toughest can break.

KEN!!!!!

SLOW DOWN -- A LITTLE, AT LEAST!!!!

Better to do a little bit less for a lot longer time.

Seriously. The work you actually do is only a little bit of the impact that you have. I wonder how many people have lent a hand to someone simply because they you exist and know what you do.

I'll bet it's more than you realize. Hang around. Do the voodoo that you do and inspire people to do the voodoo they do because of the voodoo that you do.

techiem2

Aug 23, 2009
6:19 PM EDT
Yes, get yerself healthy Ken!

Even heroes need a break now and then.

We don't want to see a "Helios Killed by FOSS" headline on the site!
tuxchick

Aug 24, 2009
11:42 AM EDT
Oh thank goodness, some sane people. Over at Brand X are some of the most idiotic comments I ever saw. Waah, what's PayPal, waah, Ken is scamming, waah waah waah. Buncha waste-of-space twits.
caitlyn

Aug 24, 2009
11:57 AM EDT
tc: I've seen that at brand X with other articles that weren't about life and death, including my own. Unfortunately no site can select its readership.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!