Hopefully the end is near...

Story: U.S. Trustee Moves to Convert SCO Bankruptcy to Chapter 7Total Replies: 5
Author Content
softwarejanitor

May 06, 2009
2:19 PM EDT
This long saga is more than overdue to come to a close.

SCO... burn in hell.
caitlyn

May 06, 2009
5:42 PM EDT
The present SCO management, yes.

There is a sad side to this. When I started with Linux in the mid '90s it was Red Hat. The only other distro I tried really early on was Slackware. The next was Caldera OpenLinux. It was outstanding and ahead of Red Hat in terms of ease of use in many ways. It really was excellent.

Caldera became SCO after purchasing the original SCO. The original Caldera management was shown the door at some point. A very good Linux company was transformed into a company playing litigation roulette instead of developing solid products. It really is sad.
herzeleid

May 06, 2009
6:05 PM EDT
@caitlyn -

Yep, I remember Caldera, I had high hopes for them. Who wouldn't love an OS installer that lets you play tetris while waiting for the install to finish... Good times.
gus3

May 06, 2009
6:14 PM EDT
I wonder if SCO still offers Linux downloads on their site...
gus3

May 06, 2009
6:19 PM EDT
It appears they do not.

Not that honoring any part of the GPL matters to them.
softwarejanitor

May 07, 2009
12:33 PM EDT
caitlyn -- the fact that SCO management destroyed Caldera only makes me that more adamant that if such a place exists, they should spend an eternity in a fiery inferno.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!