Author Content
qcimushroom

Mar 28, 2009
11:33 AM EDT
Quoting:Somehow Microsoft got everything just right with XP
Sander_Marechal

Mar 28, 2009
11:44 AM EDT
Nothing I guess. For Windows people XP is simply the best Windows there is. And the market proves this statement right.
gus3

Mar 28, 2009
11:45 AM EDT
Not that he exactly means it; he's explaining the mentality of Windows addicts.

Continuing with the same analogy, Ubuntu can be the equivalent of methadone.
tuxchick

Mar 28, 2009
11:52 AM EDT
Quoting: For Windows people XP is simply the best Windows there is.

Giggle. That's not saying much, is it.
gus3

Mar 28, 2009
12:12 PM EDT
"The best Windows is the one I just erased."
TxtEdMacs

Mar 28, 2009
12:51 PM EDT
Quoting: ... Ubuntu can be the equivalent of methadone.
But, ... but ... that only means you are addicted to a less dangerous narcotic that also shrinks your testicles. That's it, I am wiping out all my Ubuntu installations, everywhere! It's Windows everywhere and I will put up with the worms, germs, virus, bots, spam takeovers but I draw the line at shrinking!

YBT

P.S. I wonder if I should check slack out?
gus3

Mar 28, 2009
12:59 PM EDT
Definitely, yes. Slackware is already pre-shrunk, so it will do no more shrinking.

Ditching KDE from Slackware makes it a very good fit on my EeePC.
TxtEdMacs

Mar 28, 2009
5:29 PM EDT
Preshrunk is a gross understatement.
Quoting: ... makes it a very good fit on my EeePC
This all makes me think I should go Vista®. The lack of performance, of security and the need for excess hardware, for excess packaging and for energy wastage can all be damned. I do not want to spend my days in dire pain being squeezed by massive clamps to nano size all to fit on a mere ePC. Who wants to see oneself as a mad person running amok yelling Eeeeeeee! To hell with Ubuntu, it's Windows for me as it should be for thee.

YBT
gus3

Mar 28, 2009
5:52 PM EDT
Slackware bugs get fixed BEFORE they're reported.

Just today, I sent a bug report to Patrick Volkerding, then got the -current updates that went out last night. His reply indicated that the fix I needed was in the updates.

Slackware Linux: bending time and space since 1993.
chalbersma

Mar 29, 2009
4:57 AM EDT
Even though XP sucks. I have to agree. It is the "best" Windows by comparison (one could argue Win 2000, or NT). And his comparison to Ubuntu while (IMHO is faulty) is an arguable point.

Although I am a FreeBSD fan. So PC-BSD might be my chi. :)
qcimushroom

Mar 29, 2009
10:40 AM EDT
The only form of windows that I have found reliable are the ones that get installed on the side of my house.

The ones put out by Microsoft have only one purpose, to make money for Microsoft and nothing else truly matters to Microsoft!

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!