by eevargas : "Dell , start supporting Linux for real !"

Story: ZaReason: An Amazing Attack of Linux CluefulnessTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
henke54

Feb 28, 2009
7:03 PM EDT
quote from eevargas on Dell's Brainstorm page :
Quoting: Start supporting Linux for real By eevargas, Jan 8, 2009 Thu Jan 08 19:59:05 GMT 2009

I tried to buy a Linux laptop from Dell Puerto Rico Web-site. When a configure my laptop it cost almost $300 box more than the same configuration with Vista. This is just unacceptable. I entered in a chat with a Dell representative and he said that the only thing he can do is to sell me the laptop at the same price as the Vista couterpart. I disagreed, because Linux don't has any licens cost, but he said that it is the best he can do. I ordered my laptop anyway ( had no other choice) on Dec 22, 2008. Todays is Jan 8, 2009 and I recive an email saying that my order will be delayed ( no reson gived) and Del hasn't even charge my creditcard. So i don't know if actually i will recive my laptop or not. Are Dell supporting Linux or not ? Linux custumers should be treated in equal terms as Windows custumers. When I explainded my problem to Dell's representative, his first solution was "Why don't you buy your laptop with Vista". He said that he can gave me a better deal with Vista ... how come? Linux is free and opensource and he can gave a better deal with Vista ! I don't understant Dell's Linux strategy.
http://www.ideastorm.com/
tracyanne

Feb 28, 2009
11:12 PM EDT
He should count himself lucky, you don't get the Linux option at any price, in Australia.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!