Monkey Wrench?

Story: Linux is a Monkey Wrench?Total Replies: 8
Author Content
ColonelPanik

Feb 10, 2009
4:02 PM EDT
Yeah, the all purpose Monkey Wrench. Anyone should be proud to join the "Monkey Wrench Gang".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monkey_Wrench_Gang
theboomboomcars

Feb 10, 2009
4:47 PM EDT
I disagree that linux is a Monkey wrench, a monkey wrench can be used for many different jobs, but they are all jobs of a very similar nature.

I would say that it is more like a multipurpose tool like a leatherman or some of the cool mini all in one bike tool kits that fit in your pocket, except you can replace the individual tools in it to be the ones you need for the work you will be doing.
tracyanne

Feb 10, 2009
5:10 PM EDT
Linux is a transformer.
gus3

Feb 10, 2009
8:01 PM EDT
Is that why it's called a "toy OS"?

Oh, wait, that's a Transformer.
tuxchick

Feb 10, 2009
8:27 PM EDT
Me me, I want to be the monkey wench!
ColonelPanik

Feb 10, 2009
9:00 PM EDT
Hayduke Lives!

You just may see the Monkey Wrench Gang in the theaters in 2010.

TC: You are for sure one of the Linux Monkey Wrench Gang. And that is a compliment. If your homestead is near a town with a library I would suggest you check out any Edward Abbey books they have.

On patriotism: "A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government."

On growth: "Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell."
AwesomeTux

Feb 10, 2009
9:28 PM EDT
What have we done with innocence It disappeared with time, it never made much sense Adolescent resident Wasting another night on planning my revenge

One in ten

Don't want to be your monkey wrench One more indecent accident I'd rather leave than suffer this I'll never be your monkey wrench

All this time to make amends What do you do when all your enemies are friends Now and then I'll try to bend Under pressure wind up snapping in the end

One in ten

Don't want to be your monkey wrench One more indecent accident I'd rather leave than suffer this I'll never be your monkey wrench

One last thing before I quit I never wanted any more than I could fit Into my head I still remember every single word You said and all the shit that somehow came along with it Still there's one thing that comforts me since I was Always caged and now I'm free

Don't want to be your monkey wrench (fall in, fall out) Don't want to be your monkey wrench (fall in, fall out) Don't want to be your monkey wrench (fall in, fall out) Don't want to be your monkey wrench

Foo Fighters: Monkey Wrench
tracyanne

Feb 10, 2009
9:32 PM EDT
For a moment I thought you said wench... Oh you did.
jacog

Feb 11, 2009
5:29 AM EDT
Allow me a geek moment here. Technically it's a Moncky Wrench, named after its inventor, Charles Moncky. But we call them adjustable spanners over here. :-P

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!