I just Wonder.....

Story: This Just In: Dell Says, "Linux, I Choose You."Total Replies: 6
Author Content
helios

Feb 06, 2009
8:33 PM EDT
At the top of the print ad for these servers, Does it say...?

Dell Recommends Windows Servers for Day to Day use?
NoDough

Feb 06, 2009
9:08 PM EDT
Yes, I'm sure it does. However, that doesn't make Dell the devil. It just means Microsoft still holds sway over contract clauses.
tuxchick

Feb 06, 2009
9:28 PM EDT
It makes Dell and all those other titans of tech big fat chicken weiners. Isn't it funny how it "proves" that Linux is a success because it's everywhere and nobody says the name, and Windows is a big success, because all of their partners "recommend" it so loudly? I'm still mad at Zemlin and the Panel of Weiners who blew Ken off for asking why they don't promote Linux by name. "We don't sell operating systems, we sell solutions." Poopyheads. And big fat fibbers.

tracyanne

Feb 06, 2009
11:18 PM EDT
Carla, uou know they are liars, I know they are liars, but thye are big corporations, and we're just ordinary little people, so what we know and what we think is irrelevent to them, and no other big corporate is going to call them a liar, because that's just how you do business.
bigg

Feb 07, 2009
7:42 AM EDT
Does it really make a difference to someone making the purchase? (serious question)

I don't buy something just because the salesperson recommends it. We see a lot of recommendations for Vista, and we all know how much credibility that leaves.
azerthoth

Feb 07, 2009
5:15 PM EDT
If (and its a big(g) if) you are educated already on what you are after then yes, the sales critters recommendations are meaningless. Otherwise, if your out thinking/knowing you need to get something, then the salescritter is the only source of information you have. I have lost count I have been in $BOX_BUY and I hear some poor schlep say "what does that mean in english", it's all I can do to keep myself from breaking in on the sales pitch right then. I'm not always successful in stopping myself.
hkwint

Feb 07, 2009
6:48 PM EDT
What does it matter what Dell recommends. Even if they loudly recommended Mac OS X or OpenBSD, as long as they (almost) only sell Vista it doesn't mean anything.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!