gotta luv the slashdotters

Story: Hans Reiser Guilty of First Degree MurderTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
tuxchick

Apr 28, 2008
4:37 PM EDT
Already the various forums are filling with anguished cries of "now we'll never get Reiser4 in the mainline kernel!" Which seems rather tacky. Whatever anyone believes the facts of this case are- Nina is alive and hiding, Nina is dead, and Hans is hosed either way- the least of the Reiser family worries are what happens to ReiserFS.
jhansonxi

Apr 28, 2008
9:16 PM EDT
Poor kids. I can't imagine what they're going through.

I don't think the case matters much to the kernel team. If Hans had been run over by a truck all that matters is the technical aspects of the code. Since it's open it will live on.
tracyanne

Apr 28, 2008
9:47 PM EDT
[osted in the wrong thread
gus3

Apr 28, 2008
10:03 PM EDT
I speculate a rename of the filesystems, possibly via code fork, to remove his name from them.
tracyanne

Apr 28, 2008
10:07 PM EDT
I read this thing following as many links as I could from GrokLaw. I really didn't think there was much of a case. On the Other hand Hans Reiser didn't make any friends in court.
thenixedreport

Apr 29, 2008
4:52 AM EDT
There's still the appeal process, so I feel this is far from over.

Also, I found the whole thing suspicious from start to finish.
number6x

Apr 29, 2008
5:37 AM EDT
I feel sad for the Reiser children. No matter what the truth is, they have lost a Mother and may lose a Father. For all practical purposes they have lost their Father even if he is not guilty.

Their loss is the most sorrowful.
Bob_Robertson

Apr 29, 2008
7:08 AM EDT
> Their loss is the most sorrowful.

Yep. They are the ones who have no choice in the matter at all.

And now they're in "child services", where they're something like 40 times more likely to be abused than the general population.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!