isn't google already the winner?

Story: Google winner as Microsoft and Yahoo face offTotal Replies: 6
Author Content
tuxchick

Feb 28, 2008
8:51 AM EDT
Both Yahoo and Microsoft's online services are in trouble, and I don't see that joining two separate troubles into one big one is going to make anything but a bigger trouble.
Bob_Robertson

Feb 28, 2008
9:44 AM EDT
Saddling Yahoo with MSN's well-known biased results will only make Yahoo fall even faster into irrelevancy.

As someone else has mentioned, the only reason MSN still gets "large" numbers of hits is because it's the default one gets without altering I.E., and when one logs out of Hotmail.

The telling point is that Microsoft would have to go into debt to make the purchase. That tells me that MS is getting desperate.

Yahoo's rejection was good for everyone. It saved MS face, presents a "strong" Yahoo, and still buggers the deal.
Sander_Marechal

Feb 28, 2008
2:02 PM EDT
Bob: Try telling the Yahoo shareholders that. They've started an array of lawsuits (now combined in a class action lawsuit) against the Yahoo board for rejecting the deal.
Bob_Robertson

Feb 28, 2008
2:55 PM EDT
Hahaha! So they didn't take a vote first?

That was a big mistake. I didn't think they were that stupid.
Sander_Marechal

Feb 28, 2008
3:12 PM EDT
I guess not. The article I read didn't say anything about that.
jezuch

Feb 29, 2008
2:26 AM EDT
Hm, the shareholders can sue the company, but can someone sue the shareholders?
ColonelPanik

Feb 29, 2008
6:43 AM EDT
m$ wants control m$ shareholders want $$$ Yahoo shareholders want $$$ Yahoo BofD wants to be the funky interweb company that it isn't.

The two FOSS browsers I have used are okay but not great: http://alpha.search.wikia.com/ and one that was Debian based and is no longer with us.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!