How lame

Story: Nigerian Patent Infringement Lawsuit: Scam or Shame?Total Replies: 4
Author Content
jacog

Nov 29, 2007
3:39 AM EDT
I emailed LANCOR - both the Nigerian and the US offices - and told them how pathetic I think this is. How can such a basic non-special concept even be patented? Not to mention that is has been done countless times before in some or other way. The ZX Spectrum keyboard for example, had a whole bunch of modifiers. The entire BASIC language's keywords were mapped onto the keys and typed in by using key combinations.

Anyhoo... I don't need to go on about how sad this is.
vainrveenr

Nov 29, 2007
7:36 AM EDT
conspiracy theory thoughts.......... Wondering whether another internationally big company --- perhaps a partner of that big software company in the US Pacific Northwest ;) ? -- may have possibly "suggested" something to LANCOR??

jezuch

Nov 29, 2007
2:07 PM EDT
So.... How do you enter a cokebottle with this LANCOR thingy? ;)
Sander_Marechal

Nov 29, 2007
2:39 PM EDT
I wonder if the Nigerians ever heared of the Space Cadet keyboard. You can enter over 8000 different characters with it: http://www.catb.org/~esr/jargon/html/S/space-cadet-keyboard....
jacog

Nov 30, 2007
1:03 AM EDT
vainrveenr: Wellll... I would not go so far as to cry MS Wolf 2007 (tm) just yet, even though their keyboard seems to implement some variation of Unicode that it proudly proclaims is implemented in Windows Vista. While their bread and butter seems to be Microsoft, it's probably not enough for them to blindly go and do Microsoft's bidding. Or maybe I am wrong... they don't seem to be entirely sane... I mean, who the heck sues a charity, and still expects it's public image to remain untarnished?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!