this quote made me chuckle

Story: Is it time to exit from Windows?Total Replies: 2
Author Content
purplewizard

Aug 18, 2007
4:02 AM EDT
"while Linux users say it does things better, the system does not do anything major that latest Windows versions cannot"

it left me wondering which OS is chasing which and subsequently I wondered if the author was writing with a hint of denial, trying to be cautious about Linux even though that line tells it all. I suppose I had it so much in line because of the recent story on Windows being free. It captures the point which is why pay for something if the free and Free alternative does everything as well.

tqk

Aug 19, 2007
9:02 AM EDT
Oh, come on! I can't get any of the malware showing up in my inbox to run on Linux! Linux is waaaaay behind Windows in functionality.

Sorry. :-)
gus3

Aug 19, 2007
8:18 PM EDT
tqk, that reminds me of roblimo's test drive of WINE a few years ago. He tried out all the nasty stuff, like macro viruses and various trojans, to see if it would affect his WINE installation the same way it would affect an actual Windows setup. Of course, it didn't, and he ended up giving WINE a "thumbs down" review because of this "shortcoming."

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!