Beaten to the punch

Story: Linux Users - Start.....Your.....ENGINES!Total Replies: 8
Author Content
Sander_Marechal

Apr 10, 2007
11:26 AM EDT
Spread Firefiox only talked about it (http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node/26780) and Helios and consorts simply go out and set it up. Nice initiative. I hope it succeeds :-)
Abe

Apr 10, 2007
12:21 PM EDT
I like Bumper Stickers. They are inquisitive, effective & lots of publicity.

Ex.

Turbo charge your PC with Linux Avoid PC virus with Linux Free PC applications with Linux Linux Drives the Internet

Etc...
helios

Apr 10, 2007
1:18 PM EDT
Abe...you are a Friggin' Genius. Linux Drives the Internet

Can I please use this so that we can sell the bumper stickers to raise money?

h
tracyanne

Apr 10, 2007
3:06 PM EDT
Not a bumber sticker, perhaps a TShirt logo

Linux Virus Free and Secure Tomorrow has arrived

helios

Apr 10, 2007
3:55 PM EDT
Excellent...I'm all over it.
Abe

Apr 10, 2007
4:33 PM EDT
Quoting:Can I please use this so that we can sell the bumper stickers to raise money?

How do you like it licensed GPLed or BSD? lol. Take your pick.

Abe

Apr 10, 2007
5:13 PM EDT
helios:

I applaud your efforts. It is a great idea and it doesn't cost much to donate. One think I suggest is to get in touch with various (LUGs) every where and coordinate with them to purchase in batches.

Bumper stickers should be readable and would be nice to include a nice looking Tux.

Traceyanne's suggestion is good too especially for the Summer.

let's have more suggestions by others. Couple more variants "My PC Engine is Linux", or simply "Linux Driven PC".

helios

Apr 11, 2007
5:43 AM EDT
Abe,

I appreciate the suggestions and the call for more. What I could really use though is a hand getting this information disseminated to the LUGS, News forums and distro forums. I have already done debian, mandriva, vector, mepis and a couple of others. I have contacted Mark Shuttleworth via his assistant and will contact the rest of the bigbox corporations later today. If I could get some help making sure things get submitted to digg and slashdot, that would be a big help too. currently we have a page on digg. just do a search on the digg page for tux500 and the digg logo will appear beside the article.

h
Abe

Apr 11, 2007
6:17 AM EDT
Quoting:What I could really use though is a hand getting this information disseminated to the LUGS,

I will do my best, do you have some suggestions to start with?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!