Driving me crazy too

Story: The Sorry State of WiFi Support with Feisty BetaTotal Replies: 7
Author Content
Iain

Apr 02, 2007
1:00 PM EDT
I have been using a Ralink rt2500 card for a year now on a WPA-encrypted wireless network. You would have thought they would have made configuring this easy in a GUI by now. Instead they have broken it completely!
helios

Apr 02, 2007
6:10 PM EDT
Come on Lain...you aren't talking about Ubuntu, you can't be. Ubuntu is Number one on DW.com and EVERYONE knows it is the best distro for the new Linux user. They couldn't have made this simple of a mistake.

LOL...my guess is that it will be fixed within 72 hours. Those guys don't respond well to "constructive" criticism, trust me on this one.

The latest Mepis picked it right up. I have the same card. In what Laptop are you using it?
tuxchick

Apr 02, 2007
7:58 PM EDT
Feisty is still in Beta, and is intended to be bleeding-edge anyway. As much as I get bored with the ubunuts acting like they invented Linux, we don't need to be unfair. Not all the time, anyway.
jimf

Apr 02, 2007
8:50 PM EDT
> we don't need to be unfair

Party pooper :(
tuxchick

Apr 02, 2007
9:12 PM EDT
Jim, I did say 'not all the time.' Just pick your time. Honor system, no one is keeping track!
jimf

Apr 02, 2007
9:15 PM EDT
Kidding you TC :D
tuxchick

Apr 03, 2007
7:39 AM EDT
Metoo. Hahahaa, I am keeping track!!!!!!
Iain

Apr 09, 2007
10:22 AM EDT
It turns out this is because I made some changes to /etc/network/interfaces in order to get WPA working and network manager could not keep up. I don't know if WPA is supported by network manager.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2007-April/02...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!