Komputers4Kids

Story: Lobby4Linux Hardware Drive - Komputers4KidsTotal Replies: 3
Author Content
tracyanne

Mar 26, 2007
4:16 AM EDT
I've posted Links to this on a bunch of ezboard sites where I post regularly.
helios

Mar 26, 2007
10:20 AM EDT
Thank You tracyanne. I appreciate this more than you know. All sarcasm and grumpy wit aside. ;-}

h
tracyanne

Mar 26, 2007
1:39 PM EDT
quote:: All sarcasm and grumpy wit aside. ;-} ::quote

Water off a ducks back.

Personally I think you take me far too seriously, my tongue is almost always located in my cheek. But on the other hand I'll never let on when I'm taking the piss.

On the other hand, I think that what you are doing is highly commendable, it's one of those Social Justice things that I'm absolutely in favour of.
helios

Mar 28, 2007
10:05 AM EDT
Thank you...and yes, without a frame of reference, it is always easiest to accept the written word by someone else at face value. I am one of the nastiest "saccastists" in the bid'ness and take a hammering for it on a regular basis. I think I am beginning to like it.

For as much as it is good for my ego, many people think that Lobby4Linux is this great big operation with an office and staff and...uh, business-y stuff going on. Nope. It's me and a couple of guys who come over three times a week to build computers, cull the news, and do the contacts and stuff we need to do. It's all done around my dining room table, or around my pick up truck in the driveway when they want to go out and smoke...it dosn't happen in my house. After smoking for 15 years in that house, it took me over three to get the stink out of it...WAY too much work to do again. So, Lobby4Linux is like most Linux Advocacy efforts. It is crammed between jobs, family, and Life. We did have an office for the first 90 days of business, but I closed it as planned after three months. We just did it to get off the ground.

Anyway, I should be home tonight so I will talk to you then. We can see if we can get a puter put together for someone.

Ken

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!