Outrageous!

Story: Yankees in the Court of King Arthur, with a Microsoft AgendaTotal Replies: 4
Author Content
dcparris

Jan 31, 2007
1:43 PM EDT
This is most outrageous. The public needs to be made aware of this. It's something that needs to happen quickly at that. I would encourage LXer readers to do whatever you can to alert people to the issue.

Thanks to Gary, Sam and so many others who have put so much effort into this.
Sander_Marechal

Jan 31, 2007
2:17 PM EDT
Well, I posted it to my blog. Not sure what else I can do about it. Comments on this were closed by the time the groklaw article of the 22nd/23rd pointed out how/what to send the national standard bodies here in Europe.

I'm fairly confident that OOXML will be put on the slow lane though. The grokdoc pages are excellent, basically doing ISO's work for them, and I am sure more than one European standards body will oppose fast-tracking OOXML.
dcparris

Jan 31, 2007
2:45 PM EDT
There's still the Feb 5th deadline. Just do what you can. We Americans can do little but foam at the mouth. We'll have to depend on Europe to save the day. :-(
Sander_Marechal

Jan 31, 2007
2:52 PM EDT
February 5th is the deadline that national and industry standard bodies that are members of ISO can file their objections with ISO. Jan 23rd was for most of those associated members the deadline that the general public could send comments to them before they discussed internally what to advise to ISO.

Groklaw's article came a few days late. Most people acting on it missed the deadline for the national standards bodies, and that's the only way we can be heared since the general public cannot object directly at ISO.
jsusanka

Feb 01, 2007
7:29 AM EDT
only microsoft can make a joke out of the standards process.

here is good post with a link to miguel's blog about odf and the other format.

http://www.robweir.com/blog/2007/01/more-matter-with-less-ar...

let's hope the europeans don't redefine their process for this so called standard.

here is a link to andy upgrove's blog he explains pretty good

http://www.consortiuminfo.org/standardsblog/article.php?stor...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!