Good without some things

Story: New Linux Foundation Must Be Part Lawyer, Part PeacemakerTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
Jack_

Jan 27, 2007
1:49 PM EDT
I see this could be a good thing, if the new Foundation will stay clear of Novell's ideas about linux. I hope to see little from Novell in the direction of this Foundation; making deals that include patents with those as Microsoft is not future thinking. Microsoft should have been made to make changes that allow Linux & Windows to work together, the Novell deal was to take RH out of the market, and become gains in market share for Novell's business, this did not happen as Novell had hoped in my opinion.

Novell may have invested more money (membership) with LF, but what is important; that a major distro maintains a standing with its community that is the backbone, not create the rejection and objection this deal has created, that ends in loss of trust and in the final, a place in the world that people care what you do.
SamShazaam

Jan 28, 2007
6:08 AM EDT
I cannot foresee this as being more than an organizational change. The list of supporting corporations and organizations is the same as it was before the change. Most of these do not want to see major changes is the direction that Linux is taking. If the Linux Foundation can operate more efficiently like this, so much the better.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!