Looks like a GPL?

Story: Computer: USER-FRIENDLY FREE SOFTWARE FOR SENIOR CITIZENSTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
rdsolimeno

Dec 06, 2006
3:58 AM EDT
While I haven't actually *found* an explicit statement of eldy being licensed under the GPL, they do have the following phrase at the very bottom of each page of the website (http://www.eldy.org):

"Lunga vita all'Open Source e a GPL. Sito realizzato su piattaforma Linux, Apache, PHP, MYSQL, Joomla"

which means ..

"Long life to Open Source and the GPL. Site running on a Linux, Apache, PHP, MYSQL, Joomla platform."

So I downloaded the application installer (I have to use Windows XP at work, and the only currently available version of Eldy is for the Windows platform). During the initial stage of the installation a consent agreement appears (in Italian) which clearly is not the GPL. It mostly concerns treatment of personal data that the end user may provide for services rendered via eldy, marketing, etc. I exited the installation at that point.

The project may aim to release (eventually) under GPL but as it stands it is not clear that they currently do so.

dcparris

Dec 06, 2006
1:46 PM EDT
Thanks for posting this! We appreciate it.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!