A Must Have? You Mean Why Bother.

Story: Interview with Pavel Kanzelsberger ("Pixel" developer)Total Replies: 4
Author Content
dcparris

Oct 18, 2006
3:33 PM EDT
It can't be a "must have" for ever Linux user if it isn't libre. If pixel isn't libre, why should I bother? Many of us desire a completely libre system. For those who don't care, that's their choice, but non-libre software - by nature - is *not* for everyone.

I realize the author is being a little sensational, but still...
jimf

Oct 18, 2006
3:45 PM EDT
It would be one thing if Pixel were the only choice out there, but, with the excelent open source apps available, why bother. He also touts some things that are just not true, since the latest Gimp 'does' now have CMYK support, and the open source Xara project is progressing rappidly (also with CMYK).
tuxchick2

Oct 18, 2006
3:50 PM EDT
The next release of Krita is causing huzzahs and applause, and don't forget the incredibly wonderful ImageMagick. and of course good ole Gimp.

Best of luck to Pavel. More choices are always good. Though I think he's a bit nuts doing this alone.

jimf

Oct 18, 2006
3:55 PM EDT
> Best of luck to Pavel.

Not with you on that one.

Hey Pavel, I'm still waiting for my refund.
tuxchick2

Oct 18, 2006
4:10 PM EDT
Sorry, what was I thinking. A pox on Pavel. May he be infested with fleas and an overwhelming desire to scratch himself with his hind foot.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!