Not enough research?

Story: A Viable iTunes Clone for LinuxTotal Replies: 0
Author Content
techiem2

Oct 06, 2006
1:08 PM EDT
Apparently the author has not heard of Cowon's audio players?

I don't know about the direct access from music apps like amarok thing, but their players work great in linux as they are designed as straight usb mass storage devices.

Not to mention the support for loads of audio formats (including flac and ogg).

I'll take my Cowon iAudio X5 over another player any day.

I do see his point for if you already have a player and can't afford a new one. But it would have been nice if he'd mentioned more options for those reading the article because they are searching for a player that supports linux.

Personally, I don't get what the big fuss is for these pretty music management apps. I prefer to just mount the device and use it like any other drive for transferring stuff to and from it.

At least it is nice that he mentioned an alternative music source using open codecs.

His ending doesn't exactly make me want to jump over to iRiver's site to check out their players.
Quoting:It's no iPod, but at least they are willing to support a great audio format.

Overall, a mildly interesting article, but seemed a bit thin on really useful information and didn't exactly get you excited about using open formats and good audio players with linux. My overall impression of the article's message was: "Well, it's not that good, but here's some audio stuff that works in linux and supports open formats if you really feel like using open formats"

Or am I just being a bit harsh today?

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!