Credible?

Story: Fresh Rumors Erupt over Red Hat-Oracle BuyTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
cubrewer

Aug 23, 2006
2:46 PM EDT
I love a good rumor but the author writes: "Just type 'Red Hat Sucks' into Google, and watch the slams against Red Hat and its poor-quality support pile up." ... I googled and I don't see anything about poor quality support...

I wonder how credible this article is?
jimf

Aug 23, 2006
2:57 PM EDT
Just garbage, FUD, and unsupported speculation. Google 'Red Hat Sucks' as evidential support... Give me a break.
techiem2

Aug 23, 2006
3:19 PM EDT
As I understood it, she seems to be mocking the rumors. Especially when she directly tells that the google search came up with nothing. :) Also, that is only the first page of the article. The full article is at http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,2007220,00.asp The second page has actual content and some analysis.
jimf

Aug 23, 2006
3:27 PM EDT
> The second page has actual content and some analysis.

Which just spins about more rumors. So why is she even 'reporting' this?
dinotrac

Aug 23, 2006
4:25 PM EDT
cubrewer and jimf -

You might want to go back and read the article this time, instead of skimming it over.

The bit about complaints piling up was in a quote from a Sun representative. The author disparaged the quote, then went on to Google herself, finding no evidence of the claim.

The gist of the article is that Oracle and Sun have been saying some stupid things about Red Hat.
jimf

Aug 23, 2006
7:02 PM EDT
> The gist of the article is that Oracle and Sun have been saying some stupid things about Red Hat.

Yes, I got that dino. My point is that none of that is 'news'. I grow very weary of people reporting on 2nd hand gossip.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!