The article's (relatively few) mistakes:

Story: Which New Browser Is Best: Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7, or ...Total Replies: 1
Author Content
Teron

Jul 19, 2006
9:30 AM EDT
Features at a Glance chart:

1.Opera is skinnable. It's just called "Skins", not "Themes" 2.Both Firefox and Opera include Bookmark functionality, which again is just differently named while serving pretty much the same purpose 3.(And, if Opera got a mention of GNU Aspell, shouldn't Firefox benefit from the extensions - there's at least one for recalling sessions.)

As for the rest, I didn't see any errors that would've caught my eye. But the mistakes on the chart are pretty damn obvious ones... (The usability verdict is pretty much right)
techiem2

Jul 19, 2006
10:02 AM EDT
I didn't fully read it, but I browsed over the article. I found it amusing how he talked about the ease (or lack thereof) of adding a new tab. I kept thinking, "um. I just use ctrl+t in firefox for that...". Of course, I realize that that's me, and your average user probably doesn't have a clue about doing things without the mouse. Still, he could have at least mentioned the options in the file menu (assuming they're still there in the ff beta) for launching a new tab or window.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!