Philosophical bad boys vs genuine vermin...

Story: Mambo Open Source CMS Lead Developer QuitsTotal Replies: 5
Author Content
dinotrac

May 10, 2006
2:28 PM EDT
Kind of interesting to see this article while we are debating the political correctness of Linspire. Linspire clearly leaves room for disapproval, but, at least, they are not dishonest and unethical.

By comparison, the events leading to Brampton's departure fail the smell test. For all the jokes about business ethics being an oxymoron, the people pulling the strings -- Miro, Mambo Coummities, and, in all likelihood, Ansearch -- sound more like petty thieves skulking in the night than honest businesspeople.

Too bad for the Mambo community.
jimf

May 10, 2006
3:46 PM EDT
I'm assuming that many users are dusting off the Joomla conversion scripts.
dcparris

May 10, 2006
5:44 PM EDT
I installed Joomla on our church website because our hosting service provides it as an easy-to-install application. Talk about user-friendly! All I have to do is manage it. It's really a pretty nice system. Haven't done much with it yet, but it's up and running.
jimf

May 10, 2006
9:01 PM EDT
Don, Seems like Xoops is also going through developmental chaos. What used to be the Internet standard has really gone to pieces, so, we are currently reviewing the possibility of moving from Xoops to Joomla.
helios

May 11, 2006
2:47 AM EDT
Jimf - same here. We haven't done an upgrade for ages on Lobby4Linux, which BTW is painfully Xoops-ish at first glance. We too are looking at Joomla. Seascape.com has moved to Joomba and have both a smooth little site and it works well for the one-man IT department there.

h
nicsmr

May 11, 2006
7:01 AM EDT
How ironic... The seascape.com site is down at the moment.

not great timing...

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!