Notes on Linux

Story: Will Lotus Notes Lead Microsoft To Linux Desktop?Total Replies: 1
Author Content
tomwitt2

Feb 28, 2006
6:05 AM EDT
I've used Notes for a number of years. As an email platform, it sucks (not just sucks... I mean it _hoover_-ates; I work for an email service provider and we shudder when clients ask about delivery and display for Notes email clients). As a collaborative and scheduling platform, though, Notes _rocks_. The benefits of the non-email stuff makes the email crappiness (somewhat... okay-not-really-but-almost) tolerable.

That said, if Notes becomes available for Linux, and they offer it for free or low cost to home users, I would use it in a heartbeat, even for email. Sure I'm just one more user but anything that helps to convince other companies (especially Intuit) to create native versions of their programs for Linux, I'm on board.
mcinsand

Feb 28, 2006
6:13 AM EDT
I just thought of a quote from the late '80's that used to float around at DG; 'people that use Lotus products haven't taken 15 minutes to see what else is on the market.'

Until Lotus Notes' inexcusably poorly dysfunctional text search tools are repaired, I will only use Notes under duress.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!