Digg this story.

Story: LXer Feature: The Art of Learning New Interfaces (For the Technologically-Challenged)Total Replies: 10
Author Content
tadelste

Nov 11, 2005
2:15 PM EDT
You can vote for this story on Digg.com

This is an acceptable policy at both sites: here and there.

http://digg.com/linux_unix/digg
tadelste

Nov 11, 2005
7:44 PM EDT
Just wondering if anyone has realized that several of us are recommending Digg.com? Take a look at the Linux/UNIX queue over there and you'll see some familiar handles. Also, note that Dave has put an entry for Digg in the "Other News" links on the right left column.

They seem to carry about 15 stories there and it doesn't seem like enough regulars vote to move the Linux news to the front page. That's also happened at Slashdot: fewer and fewer Linux stories appear there.

If you view this, please drop in at Digg, register and check it daily.

The Url is

http://digg.com/linux_unix/digg
tuxchick

Nov 11, 2005
7:52 PM EDT
I digg all the LXer stories. :)
tadelste

Nov 11, 2005
7:58 PM EDT
Me too. It takes about twenty votes to get it on the frontpage.
tuxchick

Nov 11, 2005
9:18 PM EDT
well geez, come on folks! Vote early! Vote often!
TxtEdMacs

Nov 12, 2005
7:45 AM EDT
tuxchick: Are originally from Chicago?

In places like Boston and in the old South, the live ones do not vote until the entire population of the cemeteries had their chance!
jimf

Nov 12, 2005
7:52 AM EDT
TxtEdMacs,

That's too blatant to be used anymore, but they still have their bag of nasty political tricks. Just as effective.
dinotrac

Nov 12, 2005
8:34 AM EDT
jimf -

Hey! No it's not. Chicagoland remains extremely proud of the way our deceased citizens continue to do their civic duty at the polls. You're never too old or too cold to vote.
jimf

Nov 12, 2005
8:55 AM EDT
Well, I wouldn't say that 'no' stiff's vote, but , let's say it's declined since I moved to Kenosha from the north side. I have a close friend who was an aldermanic aid. Some of the stories he tells are very interesting to say the least ;-)
TxtEdMacs

Nov 12, 2005
8:57 AM EDT
jimf - you are right: look at Florida, you vote but only the machine knows how you really meant to vote! No more time wasted with those useless recounts!!
tadelste

Nov 12, 2005
9:13 AM EDT
I just found a Microsoft astroturfing article at digg. It says "listen to microsoft's lies against linux!" and takes you right to Microsoft's "Get the Facts" web pages. I got a little unhappy about that.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!