Author Content
tadelste

Sep 01, 2005
8:54 AM EDT
Did you detect ignorance or shilling?
tuxchick

Sep 01, 2005
11:28 AM EDT
I detect a desperate attempt to twist a positive Linux story into a negative. It's like XtreMe Yoga: The Ultimate Contortionist. So twisted you'll never unwind.
jimf

Sep 01, 2005
2:41 PM EDT
LOL... How anyone can come to any kind of 'conclusion' from that mess is beond me.
dinotrac

Sep 01, 2005
3:14 PM EDT
I've managed to get my hands on the bullet points for this guy's next analysis. They go like this.

1. Linux is a kernel. Kernel starts with K.

2. KDE is a popular, maybe even the most popular, desktop for Linux. KDE starts with a K.

3. Kino is a popular video editor for Linux. Kino starts with a K.

4. The Gimp is the most popular graphics package for Linux. Gimp usually refers to something that has been somehow crippled.

5. Apache is the most popular web server for Linux. Some consider the Apache to have been fierce and deadly warriors, killing many people.

6. Firefox is a very popular browser whose logo shows a fiery fox engulfing the world.

7. GPL sounds rhymes with "below sea level"

8. Katrina starts with a K.

Conclusion? Linux destroyed New Orleans and continues to wreak havoc on millions of innocent people.
tadelste

Sep 01, 2005
6:40 PM EDT
Don't you wish this guy had an email address? You could send him his weeking talking points. LOL
dinotrac

Sep 02, 2005
12:24 AM EDT
Tom -

Even if I did, he'd probably screw it up.
dave

Sep 02, 2005
5:00 AM EDT
http://www.manekdubash.com/
tadelste

Sep 02, 2005
8:06 AM EDT
While this isn't funny, let's go back to dinotrac's humorous "K" comment.

I'll probably interview the parties involved and write and article - but New Orleans was deprived of the Emergency Response Network System http://fbi-ern.org present in Dallas. In effect, the intense lobbying against the LAMP system probably added to all the delays.

I noticed a bit of anger about that.
tadelste

Sep 02, 2005
8:15 AM EDT
You should visit this guy's website. What a trip.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!