Can you elaborate on the setup for the wireless Lan?

Story: SuSE 9.3, my desktop OSTotal Replies: 1
Author Content
Dynapen

Aug 25, 2005
10:44 AM EDT
I read your review of SuSE 9.3, and I couldn't agree more. It's been the eaisest Linux Distro I have used so far, but I am having trouble with my wireless card. Concidently, I have the same card you do. I haven't been able to see how to tell YaST to configure it using the NDisWrapper driver. I have NDISwrapper installed, and configured. Been through that during my time with Fedora, but I don't see the NDISWrapper as a list in the options for configuring a network device in YaST. Could you elaborate on how you did this?
Koriel

Aug 26, 2005
12:42 AM EDT
Not the author of article but I might be of some help here, now this has nothing to do with Suse distro, but i suspect it maybe the root of your problem, in my distro "PcLinuxOs", NDiswrapper would not show up by itself and i couldn't get it to install via my distro's control panel.

It turned out that Ndiswrapper would not show up in the configuration options unless it has been loaded first. So what i did was install Ndiswrapper manually then installed the windows .sys driver using the Ndiswrapper -i xxxx.inf command. Once this was done i then did Ndiswrapper -m to make sure it would autoload the driver for me on boot up.

After all this was done and i confirmed that ndiswrapper and its associated windows driver were loaded and running, it showed up as a configuration option in the network area of my control panel.

I very much suspect this is the problem you are having, hope this info helps.

Edited for bad speeling and terrible grandma.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!