The LPI community

Story: Are Vendor Certifications Worth It?Total Replies: 0
Author Content
ExamDev

Jan 13, 2005
11:31 AM EDT
First of all I'd like to thank the author for the positive comments about LPI. We take pride in the fact that we are vendor neutral and community driven. In recent months we have greatly expanded our efforts and have had successes around the world.

One initiative we are pressing right now is to expand the numbers of people involved in creating our exams. This is a worldwide effort that has already borne fruit in a workshop in China and in many more to come throughout the year. I invite everyone out there to get involved and add your input to the process. We would love to hear from employers about how to make LPI certs more valuable as a tool to recruit quality people. We would encourage training providers to look into the LPI Approved Training Material program. Finally I would encourage people to volunteer to write our test items. This can be done through local item writing workshops at user group events, conferences, or special local events, or by volunteering to help out as an individual. We seek people with at least an LPIC-1 cert who have a passion for making their certification more valueable. If you want to help and don't hold a cert I encourage you to get one and then volunteer.

If you wish to put on an item writing workshop anywhere in the world, or volunteer to help out online. simply go to info@lpi.org and let us know your interest.

In the interests of full disclosure, I will tell you that I am the Program Manager for the Level 1 test at LPI.

Posting in this forum is limited to members of the group: [ForumMods, SITEADMINS, MEMBERS.]

Becoming a member of LXer is easy and free. Join Us!